Notes on the text
1. Don’t read word by word. Read word groups.不要一个字一个字地读,要按意群读。
2. It takes time.这得慢慢来。
3. I also learned useful sentences like “it;s a piece of cake”or “it serves you right”.我还学会了像“小菜一碟”和“你活该”这样的有用的句子
4. I can’t pronounce some of the words.有些单词我不会读
I can’t spell some English words.有些单词我拼不出来
5. But whether or not you can do this well depends on your learning habits.但是你能否取决于你的学习习惯
6. Knowledge comes from questioning.知识源于质疑
7. People go on the streets to throw water at each other.人们走上街头互相泼水
8. He is mean and only thinks about himself. He doesn’t treat others nicely.他十分吝啬只想着自己,他对其他人也不友善
9. I ‘m excited to try the rides!要尝试些乘骑项目,我好兴奋啊
10. Alice:...could you first tell me where the restrooms are?你能先告诉我哪儿有洗手间吗?
He Wei:pardon?Restroom?You want to rest?什么?休息室?你想要休息吗?
11. I was scared at first, but shouting did help.起初我好害怕,但大声喊还很管用
12. Both are correct, but the first one sounds less polite.两种说法都正确,但是第一个听起来没那么礼貌
13. It might seem more difficult to speak politely than directly.看起来说得客气要比说得直白更难一点
14. There’s an underground parking lot over there.那边有一个地下停车场
15. I got tons of attention everywhere I go.无论我到哪儿,总是被人关注
16. Hanging out with friends is almost impossible for me now because there are always guards around me.现在与朋友们外出对我来说几乎不再可能,因为老有保安守在我的周围。
17. Many times I thought about giving up, but I fought on.许多次我都想放弃,但我奋力坚持了下来。
18. She advised them to talk with their son in person.她建议他们亲自与自己的
儿子谈谈
19. Where is tea produced in China?中国哪里产茶?
20. He realized that Americans can hardly avoid buying products made in China.他意识到美国人几乎无法避免购买中国制造的产品
21. Kang Jian thinks it’s great that China is so good at making there everyday things.康健认为中国擅长制造这些日常商品是很了不起的
22. The most common things, from paper to clay to bamboo,are turned into objects of beauty.最为普通的东西,从纸张到陶土再到竹子,都变成了精美的物品
23. The pieces are carefully shaped by hand from a very special kind of clay and then allowed to air-dry.这些作品通过手工用一种特殊的陶土精心塑型,然后再自然晾干。
24. Well, you do seem to have a point.嗯,看来你说的确实有点道理
25. It is said that a Chinese ruler called Shen Nong was the first to discover tea as a drink.据说有一位叫神农的中国统治者最先发现了茶可以饮用
26. In 1875, Mr.Bell learned how to send musical notes through an instrument similar to a telephone.1875年贝尔先生学会用一种类似电话的器械发送乐符
27. Today, the popularity of baskeball has risen around th eworld, with many young people dreaming of coming famous players如今,许多年轻人都梦想成为著名的篮球运动员,篮球在世界各地也越来越普及。
28. The number of foreign player, including Chinese players, in the NBA has increased. NBA中的外国球员数量有所增加,其他也包括中国球员。
29. No way!不行
30. Sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to get their ears pierced.应该允许16岁的孩子穿耳洞
31. When I was a tiny baby crying all night, my mom sang to me and stayed by my side.当我还是一个整夜哭闹的小宝宝时,妈妈会给我唱歌,陪伴在我身边。
32. Now I’m an adult, thinking back to those times.现在我已长大成人,回想起那过去的岁月
33. Only then will I have a chance to achieve my dream.只有那样我才会有机会实现我的梦想。
34. Well, where did you last put it?那么最后一次你把它放哪儿了
35. I think somebody must have picked it up.我想一定有人捡到它了
36. For many years, historians believed Stonehenge was a temple where
ancient leaders tried to communicate with the gods.多年以来,历史学家们认为巨石阵是古代首领用来与神灵沟通的一座神庙
37. The large stones were put together in a certain way.这些大块的石头以某种方式被摆放在一起。
38. As you walk there,you can feel the energy from your feet move up your body.当你走到那儿,你能感觉到能量从你的双脚上升到你的身体里
39. Hmm, depends which movie.取决于哪部电影
40. I just want to laugh and not think too much.我只想笑一笑,不想过多费神思考
41. When I’m down or tired, I prefer moves that can cheer me up.当我心情不好或疲惫时,我更爱看那些能使我高兴起来的电影
42. The piece which was played on the erhu especially moved me.那首用二胡演奏的乐曲尤其使我感动。
43. I held out my hand and to my surprise, she kissed me on both sides of my face我伸出手来,可令我吃惊的是,她居然亲吻了我的双颊。
44. Where I’m from, we’re pretty relaxed about time.在我们那个地方,我们的时间观比较随意
45. We value the time we spend with our family and friends in our everyday lives.我们特别珍惜平日生活中和家人朋友在一起的时光
46. Also, we never visit a friend’s house without calling first.而且,我们也从不事先未通电话便登门拜访朋友
47. Mind your manners.注意你的礼仪
48. You wouldn’t believe how quickly my French has improved because of that.你简直想都想不到就因为这样我的语法提高得有多快
49. My biggest challenge is learning how to behave at the dinner table.我最大的挑战是学习餐桌礼仪
50. John: Did you have fun with Amy last night?
Tina: well....yea and no...昨晚你和埃米玩得开心吗?嗯,既开心又不开心
51. Mmm...why don’ t you ask Alice to join you each time you do something with Julie?每次和朱莉在一起的时候,你何不邀请爱丽丝加入呢?
52. The she won’t feel left out.那么他就不会觉得自己被冷落了。
53. His face was always pale as chalk.他总是面色苍白
54. How could he have missed scoring that goal?他怎么没把球射进呢?
55. But whatever it was, don’t be too hard on yourself.但不管结果怎么样,不要对自己要求太苛刻
56. The next day, Peter went to soccer practice wit courage rather than fear in his heart.第二天,彼得并没有害怕,而是勇敢地去参加足球训练。
57. But I think if we continue to pull together, we’re going to win the next one.但我想只要我们继续团结一致,我们将会赢得下一场比赛
58. I was about to go up when I decide to get a coffee first.我正要上楼,这时我决定先去买杯咖啡。
59. We stared in disbelief at the black smoke rising above the burning building.我们直愣愣地盯着燃烧着的大楼上升起的黑烟,无法相信(这一切)
60. Many April Fool’s jokes may end up being not very funny.许多愚人节玩笑的结局并不是那么有趣。
因篇幅问题不能全部显示,请点此查看更多更全内容